Posted by: abbyearth on: October 21, 2008
Reason proves that if I treat apples and bananas 100% equal, I’m not going to get equal results. Why? Say my mom packs me a school lunch because I’m brown baggin it to school today. Inside my brown lunch sack she puts a ripe apple and a ripe banana. Ok, so far 100% equal treatment, right?
As I run to the bus stop, I shove my brown bag into my book bag. Ok, so far 100% equal treatment, right?
After a bumpy bus ride, I get to school and rush to my class. I take my seat seconds before the bell rings and I shove my book bag under my chair. Ok, so far, still 100% equal treatment, right?
You’ve had a ripe banana, yes? What happens during the day as I repeatedly bounce from class to class and shove that bag under my chair? Although both the apple and the banana are treated 100% equally, the banana is not designed like the apple and it easily gets bruised and turns into a brown mush. You already know how fast ripe bananas get brown!
No matter how much that banana screams to be treated equal to the apple…
No matter how many times that banana calls me a biggot, bananaphobe, or rips my yard sign up that says apples do better in my lunch bag…(see below for how the story ends)
Laws of nature, outside my control, dictate that the results will always be different because an apple will never be a banana and vice versa. See, isn’t reason sweet? =)
Let’s reason together: Heterosexuals and homosexuals ( I like to call the term same-sexuals) are DIFFERENT! One is a man + a woman and the other is either man+man or woman+woman. THESE ARE NOT ALL APPLES!! There are 3 totally different relationships going on here. Marriage IS THE TERM describing the relationship between the man and the woman.
If you know to stop at a red light, you’d agree it’s unreasonable to say to your child would you like an apple or an apple when you’re holding up 1 apple and 1 banana!!
For a changing society, we need NEW TERMS to describe the types of relationships people have the free choice to form – not new laws that will put us all in speech & religious bondage.
If the opponents to Prop. 8 were really interested in defining their relationships, they would be lobbying for their own definition, their own term of their relationship rather than trying to force it from something else. Evidence is here now and it is mounting that the struggle of Prop. 8 is NOT about marriage per se it is everything about American freedom…your, mine, and our same-sexual friends.
(BTW, the apple and the banana realize I think they both are sweet, but always different, so they live in peace and harmony and freedom ever after.)
It is freedom that is under attack, your freedom!
Simple. Reasonable. Straight forward. www.protectmarriage.com, www.preservingmarriage.org, www.whatisprop8.org, www.ifprop8fails.org .
Will you defend America’s freedom and vote for prop. 8?
If emotions take over and reason falls to the mushy bananas, well…see the YouTubes below…because in this election YOUR freedom is at stake. Don’t take my word for it, get the evidence yourself, there’s tons of it on this blog and in the links. Go see…






No comments:
Post a Comment