Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Thesis Acknowledgements


ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
I would like to thank all those people who made this capstone possible and an unforgettable experience for me.
First and foremost, I would like to thank my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ for listening to and answering my prayers in my times of need. I know without a shadow of doubt without Their love and kindness I would have never had the strength on my own to accomplish getting my master’s degree.  
I would like to thank my Professor of Advanced Studies in Education, Suzanne Malia Kirkland, Ph.D., for her guidance, supervision and help throughout this project. I have learned a lot throughout this past semester. My endless thanks also goes to Program Director and Associate Professor, Graduate Physical Education, Cindy Tanis, Ph.D. who has been a shining light throughout my master’s program.
I will forever be thankful to my former college assistant professor, Professor Nicole Smith, Ph.D.  She was and remains my best role model for a mentor and physical education teacher.  I still think fondly of my time as an undergraduate student in her classes.  Nicole was one of the reasons why I decided to go on to pursue a career as a physical education teacher.  Her enthusiasm and love for teaching is contagious.  
I would like to thank my dear friends and colleagues, especially Tim and Charlotte McFarland, Jordan and Rebekah Helzer, Noel Sill, and many more without whom I would have never made it this far.
I would like to take this opportunity to express the profound gratitude from deep within my heart to my beloved parents, Marcia and Monte Evarts and my siblings and their families for their love and continuous support – both spiritually and materially.
Last but not the least, I want to express my eternal love and appreciation to my husband, Robert Edward Ingram, Jr. I truly married the best person out there for me.  Robert is the only person who can appreciate my quirkiness and sense of humor.  There are no words to convey how much I love him.  Robert has been a true and great supporter and has unconditionally loved me during my good and bad times.  He has been non-judgmental of me and instrumental in instilling confidence.  He has faith in me and my intellect even when I felt like digging hole and crawling into one because I didn’t have faith in myself.  These past several years have not been an easy ride, both academically and personally.  I truly thank Robert for sticking by my side, even when I was irritable and depressed.  I feel that we both learned a lot about life and strengthened our commitment and determination to each other and to live our life the way Our Father in Heaven would want us to.

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Kristina! You did it! I remember a long time ago when we walked, you saying "I don't know- I'm not sure if I want to go back or not...." And now you're done! You did it! I'm so happy for you and so proud of you! You are amazing, so strong! Such an example to us all. And I loved what you said about Robert, it was so sweet. love you!