Those people that know me know that I am good at cooking but in the craft/art department I am lacking. Since I have joined Pinterest I have had the desire to break out of my shell a little more and experiment on being more crafty and artsy (which is a huge step for me). A while ago, while looking on Pinterest, I came across a painting that I loved done by Two Girls Being Crafty blog and thought, I could do that, so I decided to try it out and it turned out awesome. It makes me want to do some more experimenting.
What I used:
- A canvas (I just used one I had laying around the house)
- White or Cream acrylic paint (I used white because I thought it would look better with the colors I was using)
- Brown acrylic paint (Two Girls Being Crafty used an Brown acrylic paint pen)
- Acrylic paint in colors of your choice (I picked Spring colors but if you go to the Two Girls Being Crafty blog she used more Fall colors)
- Round sponge brushes used for stenciling (I used 50% off coupon at Michaels and bought Martha Stewart Foam Pouncers Set)
- Paint brushes, different sizes
First, I painted the whole canvas with the white acrylic paint to give it a good base.
Then came the really hard part for me, I painted on the branches with the brown acrylic paint and used a few different types and sizes of brushes to give the branches different looks.
This step was the scariest part for me because I really have no artistic talent but it worked out in the end.
I just kept painting branches until I felt I had the look I was looking for. Next time, I think I will try drawing the branches with an brown acrylic paint pen.
Once I was happy with my branches, I got ready to start the fun part, putting on the color. Since I don't own a palette, I just used on of my ceramic salad plates but if you have a paper plate use that, less clean up. Then I just put round globs of paint on my plate and started adding colorful circles until I was satisfied.
I almost stopped here because I liked the simpleness of the painting and I was worried that I might over do it with the colorful circles, but I am glad that I didn't stop and kept adding more.
And here is the finished product. I am very proud of myself. I really like the colors and the way it turned out. At first I wasn't that happy with the branches but now with all the color on the canvas the branches don't look that bad. After finishing this painting I am craving to try more artsy projects.













1 comment:
I LOVE IT! That is so cool you did that! And went out of your comfort zone! Our expertise are opposites! The cooking is where I'm fearful, and the crafty is where I'm comfortable. Good job being brave! It was so good to see you! love you-
Post a Comment